Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Importance of Protective styling for Natural Hair Growth.

As I type this, I am currently wearing a protective style. I am wearing two strand twist braids with my natural hair, going to leave these twist in for about 2 days, then do a twist out for the next 5 days/until my weekly wash day. This is something new I have added to my hair regimen.
The season has change, and now it is getting hot yall! Go Cali! :D ..... BUT! 8-| the thing about me and summer's humidity with natural hair is that my little frizzes on my head wants to show the world they miss us lol

As I do my hair, I wanted to see, what are some ways I can do to my hair that I can just get up, tame the fizz quickly with a moisturizer, go, and leave it ALONE!! lol well... for at least a week until my next wash day.

Protective styling:

So what is a protective style? The clue’s in the title! It is simply a style that protects your hair, specifically the ends from all the breakage causing dangers we face every day. The point of them is  to keep the moisture in your strands where it belongs by keeping the ends intact.

Your hair ends are the most oldest and driest so they are easy to break off. That is way most black women hair doesn't grow a certain length because we don't protect them well enough. << Just corrected this myth. So yes, black women hair GROWS and grows long! And I think I said it well if I might say so myself .*proud face*

There are soooo many..... and I mean SOOOO MANY ways to wear protective styles. Here are a few tutorials on YouTube I thought were great.









The best tips to take with you on your way to beautiful LONG hair (if you are all about length) is protecting those ends by tucking them away, keep them moisturized, and leave them ALONE. No matter if you are all natural, transitioning, or relaxed. You will find out to know you will have long healthy hair in no time! Happy hair growth! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment