Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Introduce Yourself..... PLEAASEE.

...."So, tell us about yourself..." I honestly don't know where to begin! um Well............ growing up I am guilty for being envy of the girls in school with long hair! I always had shoulder length hair for the longest. It would never grow past my shoulder. I would be lucky sometimes to see my hair a bit longer... maybe about a inch or two, but for some reason, it would just get shorter and back to the same length it was before. Right back on my shoulders. At this time, I had no idea about my hair. All I knew, once water got on it, it would turn into a hot nappy mess and I would need to get my butt into a chair and get it pressed out fast! I can still smell that hot comb sizzling on the stove top in the kitchen and watching my mom pat it on some tissue paper and how at the end of my pressing session, that tissue paper was always a burnt brown color..... I just thought, that was just what I had to deal with for the rest of my life and I became use to it.


The first time my mom pressed my hair. 5 years old.

Once I turned 20 and things were changing in my life where I had to take care of my OWN hair, I looked in the mirror one morning, examined my hair and told myself, there has GOT to be a better way to grow my hair healthy, longer and shiny. I realize my hair was sooo heat damaged, the only way to get my hair back healthy, curly and new was to start over... and yes... you know what that means.
Time to do some cutting! -_-


My last press. On my Wedding Day August 14, 2011

My mother NEVER put a perm in my hair, but my hair was soo limpy and would not curl into its natural state anylonger. I knew a few girls who are the same ethnicity as myself who always had long hair, so I knew I had a chance and it is possible. I researched about natural hair for about 2 years straight and finally.... at the age of 22, getting the BC (Big Chop) was my beginning to a journey I will hold on to for the rest of my life, and never forget. As I share my journey with you, I hope you are inspired. :)

My Big Chop October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment