Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thinking of going natural? Hmm... where do I begin?

As I look around, friends, family members and even co workers I know are beginning to wear their hair natural. I know... I know....... WHY THE HELL IS EVERYBODY GOING NATURAL?? LOL Everyday, every minute this society changes as well as the seasons.... the same time fashion changes. It seems that the society is starting to FINALLY accept all of our natural, kinky and curls around the USA.... (well from what I heard :D) So, where do I begin you must ask.... okay.... ahem...... (lol)

Before I went natural, I ran across a few YouTube videos on tutorials on how to wear these KAAYute! hairstyles. These ladies were rocking nappy hair and everything! Being naive thinking, since I am black too hahaha, my hair can do the same thing. ( Not knowing at the time my hair was heat damaged ) I tried a few... as I was doing my hair a few minutes later I kept looking and saw my hair was NOT curling up like the ladies with this beautiful kinky curly hair. I was getting so frustrated. So I had to take it back yall. I researched and found out my hair was HEAT DAMAGED!! AGHH!!! >:(


The line between the relaxed/damaged hair and new growth is called the demarcation line.
I told myself, okay.... how do I convert my damaged ends to get them back to my natural curl state? I tried everything under the sun yall! Protein treatments, curl definers, etc. NOTHING worked. It took me about 2 years to finally come to a conclusion that for me to have healthy, curly hair.... I need to cut off the damaged ends and start over! DON DON DON!!!! *sad face*

Now, if you are scared out of your pants to cut your hair, then you can start transitioning from relaxed hair to natural hair.

Those who are thinking about just going to go ahead and do the Big Chop NOW (Big Chop: cutting on the line between your relaxed and damaged ends. The demarcation line.) Then I say go for it! If I can do it, then you can too! : )


Click here to find out more about Transitioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment